Pitco fryers are used by many restaurants and commercial kitchens. These deep fryers can produce a variety of fried foods, from chicken nuggets to fried chicken, in just a few minutes. That's why regular cleaning and maintenance are crucial. Below are instructions on how to clean a Pitco fryer with Ceres Deep Fryer Cleaner on a daily and weekly basis.
About Ceres Deep Fryer Cleaner
When it comes to preserving the longevity of your fryers, there's no room for compromise. The daily onslaught of extreme temperatures, stubborn carbon build-up, and layers of stubborn residues can create a volatile environment that demands immediate attention. Your fryers, which have already required a substantial investment in both acquisition and ongoing maintenance, deserve the utmost care.
That's where the Ceres Deep Fryer Cleaner steps in as the unrivaled solution to combat the toughest grease and carbon build-up challenges. Engineered with an incredibly potent formula, this market-leading cleaner not only saves you money but also streamlines fryer maintenance with unparalleled convenience. Its user-friendly powdered form works swiftly, reclaiming valuable time that would otherwise be spent scrubbing tirelessly.
But the benefits don't stop there. The Ceres Deep Fryer Cleaner also prioritises the well-being of your employees by minimising their exposure to scorching surfaces. With Ceres Deep Fryer Cleaner, say goodbye to the gruelling scrubbing sessions and hello to a safer, more efficient fryer maintenance experience.
These procedures are commonly associated with SG/SE and SGM/SEM models.
Daily Cleaning Instructions
By following these cleaning procedures daily, a Pitco fryer can maintain peak performance for years to come.
1. Wipe down the exterior – Oil and fat may splatter onto the exterior surfaces of the fryer. Use a clean, super-absorbent cloth or microfiber cloth to wipe off any spills. It is best to do this while the oil is still warm.
2. Clean the surfaces – In a bucket, combine warm water with a mild solution of Ceres Deep Fryer Cleaner. Use a clean, super-absorbent cloth or microfiber cloth to wipe down the surfaces. Avoid getting any water in the oil/fat.
3. Remove stains – If you notice stains from grease or other food remnants, use a non-abrasive scouring powder or scrub pad to clean them.
Weekly Boil-Out Instructions
Every week, perform a thorough boil-out and cleaning of the fryer. Follow the instructions below:
1. Start by draining the oil from the Pitco fryer. Rotate the drain spout to extend it into a suitable bucket for draining the fat. (The container should be capable of holding oil at 200°C.)
2. Open the drain valve with the green handle to initiate the draining process.
3. Remove the tube rack and mesh screens from the fry tank. Remove any large debris and remnants.
4. Close the drain valve and add water and Ceres Deep Fryer Cleaner to the fryer.
5. Place a large pan under the cleaning drain to collect the cleaning water. Ensure that the pan is sufficiently large to capture all the liquid.
6. Restart the unit. When the temperature reaches 100°C, the system will enter "BOIL" mode.
7. Once the water begins to slowly boil, turn off the unit. Allow the fryer to soak for approximately 20 minutes to loosen the oil and carbon remnants.
8. After the tank has soaked, use a fryer brush to scrub the tank's surfaces, side walls, and the surrounding heating tubes to remove any remnants. Perform your standard daily cleaning after scrubbing the fryer tank.
9. Gradually open the drain valve with the green handle to allow the water to drain into the pan.